Friday, February 19, 2010

Once in a blue moon

Sometimes little things can make a BIG difference. A smile, a laugh, a phone call or an email that you weren’t expecting when you really needed it. Or those moments out of the blue,  I see something that without a doubt reminds me of Jamie and I know he is there telling me in his own way, to get on with getting on with it. And I do.

One my favourite books is written by Malcolm Gladwell and it is called The Tipping Point. It's a book about change. A way of understanding why change so often happens as quickly and as unexpectedly as it does. He refers to things that happen in life as epidemics, and the message in the book is simple, you can start a "positive" epidemic of your own. In his own words he says, ‘the virtue of an epidemic, after all, is that just a little input is enough to get it started, and it can spread very, very quickly.’

The last two years of my life has been my very own positive epidemic.  I met, fell in love and married the love of my life, and now we are blessed with another tipping point, we’re going to celebrate the birth of our first child in July.   Like Gladwell said, it can spread VERY VERY QUICKLY.

This morning I got up early to make Peter a very special breakfast. A breakfast to honour rare events that we have celebrated together in the last couple of years, and also things that are happening right now in our own positive life epidemic that we are creating together.  But perhaps of greatest significance to us this morning, are the things that do truly happen in a blue moon. The really RARE things. Like great loves and like getting pregnant on your wedding night. :)

The breakfast therefore was themed BLUE.  Blue-blueberry muffins, blueberry smoothies, and a table decorated with blue tulips and blue napkins. BLUE-TASTIC!

Coincidentally, I also received some news yesterday that I felt needed a special delivery for Peter. So, the colour BLUE had a few different significant meanings this morning.  

A BABY BOY = BLUE-HAPPY!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment