Monday, February 8, 2010

Let the sun shine in!

Hello from sunny California!! That’s right, I said SUNNY. Remember what the sun looks like? Me neither, until today. I have had an AMAZING time in LA since arriving here mid-day on Saturday (thanks for being such an amazing host Jenny)!  And, today.... was absolutely gorgeous in LA. Way above temperature for the winter months here, and much different from the rain I arrived to on Saturday.  Whoever was in charge of the weather for my one full day of free time on the California coast. I am SO grateful.  Because, it really is amazing how much the sun can change everything.

Especially my mood.  

I feel more like me today than I have felt like in weeks. Actually months. 4 1/2 months to be exact.  Jenny and I spent almost the entire day outside today. We went on a huge hike up/through Runyon Canyon park. (Runyon Canyon is a park in LA at the eastern end of the Santa Monica Mountains). It totally kicked my ass.  We saw a lot of babies and dogs out there on the trails, but I was definitely the only pregnant belly hauling my ass up and down the canyon! We then ate lunch outside, and did some outdoor shopping at the Grove in West Hollywood.   I arrived to my hotel tonight in Marina del Rey just in time to see the sun set over the ocean harbour.  Gorgeous.

I feel like I have just completed a 24 hour prescription for my winter/baby blues. I feel fabulous!  I can’t sleep, but I feel fabulous.  And the best part is you won't even be able to tell I didn't sleep all night tomorrow, because my face is a bit pink from the sun today!

So, I have felt so wonderful today that I was even inspired to choose a theme and a colour for the babies room. Even though we don’t exactly know where we’re going to live when the baby is born, I officially have room coordinates and a colour picked out!!  You have to start somewhere right?  I won’t give away all the details, but the colour is inspired by my trip here. I am painting the babies room yellow. A beautiful pale yellow. In honour of the sun that makes me smile and the baby that will be our sunshine.

This trip really has been a  blessing (with the exception of the 5 presentations I am giving tomorrow).

Good night from LA LA land.


No comments:

Post a Comment