Monday, January 18, 2010

Pregnancy Challenge #1

Well... It’s here. That grey, cold, wet, and rather useless (now that Peter’s birthday has passed) part of the winter that usually delivers some variation of the blues to my everyday mood. For this reason alone, November and February are by far my least favourite months (see earlier post about being a summer child). I am getting this sinking feeling that this year, my winter blues have a great potential of being compounded by the following;

Broken toe
Pregnancy Indigestion
Pregnancy Hormones (which bring me to tears through no fault of the weather or anything else for that matter).
Pregnancy Insomnia
Work (routine crap)
Home sick (also routine)
Weight Gain. 1 lb a week to be exact (if I follow the steady gains I am supposed to). Gaining weight, pregnancy or not is never going to be something I am going to be happy about. The day I step off a scale and celebrate a pound of weight I have added to my 5, 7’ frame will be, well, let’s just say it will never happen.

So what’s my plan? I decided last night need that I need a plan to get me through to the sunny-side of the 2010. So... I am going to do it in the form of weekly challenges to keep me motivated, healthy, and happy.

This week’s challenge is... That I do some sort of physical activity 5 out of the 7 days this week. It is no secret to myself that my entire life I have felt happier, healthier, calmer and more clear headed when I am consistently exercising. Peter and I started running in the spring of last year and carried through until our wedding day, which incidentally is when our little Autumn Surprise was conceived. Being super healthy probably wasn’t a coincidence.

So... Day one of this weeks challenge went well. We hit the gym at 5:45am for a fantastic work out. Wish me luck for the rest of the week!

1 comment: