Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Let's hear it for the girl!

Our baby girl! Well... That’s what we think we’re having anyway. Peter and I very early on decided that we would like to know the baby's sex when we're able to. Coincidentally, we also very early on let each other know that we BOTH think we’re having a girl! We officially find out on February 16th the sex of our little avocado, so stay tuned.

To add a little fuel to the prediction we're sharing though... I should mention that my "pregnancy intuition" has been pretty bang on so far. For instance, I KNEW I was pregnant (keep in mind we were NOT trying to get pregnant). I woke up the last week of our honeymoon and just felt weird. I couldn’t really explain it, but I announced to Peter I thought I was pregnant. With a laugh he dismissed the idea and we likely went back to sipping cocktails in the sun, but the point is, I KNEW. Of course... We didn’t confirm it until later when we arrived home, but my intuition was RIGHT! I miss our honeymoon.



With all that said, we really just want a healthy baby. What more could any parent want? And baby boys are so much fun! Whether it's a boy or a girl we are growing more and more excited (as my belly gets more and more round), to meet them!

Speaking of a healthy baby...health is something that is on my mind a lot these days. I try to eat the "super foods" I am supposed to, I am exercising regularly, I take pre-natal vitamins every day, I don't eat the foods I am not supposed to (with the exception of nachos, but they are a whole food group to me)... Pretty much everything that I eat or do makes me think of this little one growing inside of me. So much so, I have even started drinking MILK. BY THE GLASS!!! And just today I lowered the volume and changed my music selection on my IPOD at the gym to something calmer because it occurred to me I might be disturbing the baby. I also got a shipment of the CUTEST maternity clothes ever today! I ordered them online because I find shopping for them too frustrating and way too expensive. I can’t wait to show them off. So all to say... I am taking good care of this baby. Beverages – check. Music – check. Cute clothing – check. Clearly, I am going to be a great mom. :)

To whomever is sharing my body with me... a little boy or a little girl, I already love you.

PS - my "move my butt" challenge this week is going well!

No comments:

Post a Comment