Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Everybody else is doing it...






Writing blogs that is. So I have been inspired by my beautiful and talented group of girlfriends to share some of what is happening in my day to day life by their own fantastic blogging creations. Note – I would have never considered doing this before I was PREGNANT. Because let’s be honest, who really cares about my hectic life in advertising? Because frankly, I even find it hard to care sometimes. I mean, how many times could you really be bothered to read about my frustrating meeting, or my clients who think “bite me” is appropriate feedback on a piece of creative work, or my art directors who think “it’s not my job” is an appropriate response to requested changes? The only thing interesting about the whole industry is what we all get up to AFTER we leave our jobs and I can’t even do that anymore. Well, I could, but not drinking and being crazy tired (and sometimes just crazy period), sort of has sucked all the fun out of it. I also have this strict personal rule that I don’t hang out with work people, after work... Sober.

So yes, I am PREGNANT! And being PREGNANT is WAY more interesting than advertising. More interesting, but not entirely different. My body these days seems to change it’s mind about what it wants and what it needs as quickly as my clients do. By the day. Sometimes by the hour.

As of today, I am 14 weeks give or take a few days - PREGNANT. Writing PREGNANT in capitals makes me think you might feel a little of the same SURPRISE I did when I first heard the words "PREGNANT" and "YOU ARE" together at the same time. In the same sentence.

I have already crossed some BIG milestones. The first and what I feel is likely the biggest, is officially making it past the severe nausea and exhaustion I experienced during my first trimester. Bleh. That was the word that most often left my mouth during those weeks. What a rollercoaster. A rollercoaster of emotion, of questions, of doubt, and of CRAZY food aversions! But all is better now and things are looking good. Except my pants. They just look TIGHT.

So, it's hard to go back and tell you all that has happened in the last 3 months since our beautiful wedding on October 17th. But, what else do you really need to know besides this... I am crazy in love with a man that adores me and I have an little autumn surprise growing in my belly. SURPRISE! We will get more intimate about these details down the road. Promise.
So welcome to my blog, I am glad you’re along for this journey. They say it takes a village to raise a child... And it might just take this entire metropolitan city and most definitely ALL of YOU, to get me there.

No comments:

Post a Comment