Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A blog-awesome first book

It has arrived!

I always said when I started this blog that my intention was to write about my journey through my first pregnancy and my first born child for me and my family... and for Rory to read one day.  It has been fun, and an awesome outlet for stress, emotion, celebration of milestones, connecting with other moms, and yes, sometimes total boredom.  

I also promised that around my son's first birthday I was going to bind my whole blog up into a book, and who knows what would happen from there. If you know me, you know I'm not a scrapbooker.  I just have never gotten into it, NOT because I don't enjoy the creativity in it, but because I try to be too fancy and one page ends up taking me 2 hours. One time my sister and I scrapbooked the first 9 months of her daughter's life. It took us a WEEK of our vacation in Mnt Tremblant.   So forget that! I am way more of an instant gratification type girl.

So THAT is where the idea to print my blog came from. And voila! It's done!  I used a great online service called blog2print, and my hard cover book arrived today!  It's super high quality and exactly what I pictured.

Check it out!  8.5" x 11" laminated hardcover book, with 213 full colour interior pages.  Well worth the investment for a keepsake that hopefully one day will be appreciated by my children, when they have children.  If you're interested, it cost me $80.00

1 comment:

  1. thank you for your kind words...I'm much better now, thank you! I LOVE that you posted this...I always see that little ad come up on my dashboard, and thought I'd do it when I hit my one-year anniversary...but haven't, yet. But what a beautiful keepsake of my life as a mother of small kids, and of the highlights and lowlights of their young lives! What a reasonable price, too!

    ReplyDelete