Sunday, May 15, 2011

Transition? What transition?

Way back when we found out we were pregnant (and shortly thereafter gave up our hopes of moving back to Ottawa before our baby was born), I made myself a promise. I promised myself that even though we don't have a lot of family in Toronto, that we would do whatever it took to make sure our kid was well socialized. Meaning... Rory would know way more faces that just ours. Which is probably why in the last 10.5 months I have joined just about every mom activity that exists in the east end of Toronto.

Anyway luck of the draw,or a little good fluke parenting... but we have a happy child.

Never more proof of that than in the last week as we have begun daycare transition. Even though Rory won't start daycare until the second week of July, we are doing weekly play-dates at the daycare to get him used to the staff and the place. This will eventually transition into more frequent and longer trips so he is quite at home by the time he spends his first full day.

He loves it. In fact, the first day he got one small glimpse of an Elmo doll on the floor in the playroom (who he has become super "into" all of the sudden) and he could not get out of my arms fast enough.

Today we arrived and they told me that they were going to seize the beautiful morning weather and take the babies for a big walk. "Go have a coffee" they told me.  So I loaded Rory into their QUAD stroller with the other three babies (too cute), put his hat and sunscreen on... gave him his blanket... and as all the other babies fussed a little, do you want to know what my child did?

He shot me a huge smile behind his soother and waved. Cheeky little monkey.

"See ya mom".

I think my mat leave work here is almost done.

Happy day-care baby = Happy working mom


1 comment:

  1. They have QUAD strollers?! Can you imagine having four babies at one time? Like four NEW BORNS?!?!

    I'm exhausted just thinking about it.

    Yeah, I'm in every mom activity in Colorado I think and I still can't think about dropping my baby (almost three) off at preschool. I'm lame.

    ReplyDelete