Monday, April 18, 2011

45 Days

I am going back to work in FORTY FIVE DAYS. Can you believe it? I can barely believe it.

I remember when I was counting down the days until I left on mat leave. I had this big calendar on my desk and I would mark each day that I made it through (Gosh I was swollen near the end) with a massive red X.

One day closer to the sweet sweet bliss of being off for a year (or almost a year).  I couldn't wait.

10 months. Just shy of 10 months have passed in a blink of an eye. Sometimes in the total blur of an eye. But mostly they have passed in experiencing the most precious moments of my life.

This kid we call Rory is an amazing wonder to us each day.  



I would be lying if I told you that I am approaching my return to work with the same amount of eagerness. But... I also would be lying if I told you that I wasn't excited. I am very excited. And I am also very proud of the work I have done here with this little guy.

There has been a change in me recently. Probably a change only I can notice but it's there. I am feeling more like "me" (whatever that means after you're a mom) than I have in a long time. It's pretty amazing actually.

I am sure I will talk a lot more about returning to work in the next little while, but as I counted the days out until I walk back into the doors of my career... moments with my little guy all of the sudden (even when I didn't think it was possible), just got that more precious.

Rory with the Fisher cousins 

No comments:

Post a Comment