We're officially on what seems like a very steep incline to the first tooth milestone. The white caps are visible, I can feel the little buggers if I press on Rory's gum (which you can just imagine how much he loves), but we're heading into night #3 and nothing. According to my mom... this could go on for months and these teeth could still be no-shows. If that's the case, I 'd prefer a quick lobotomy.
Some babies don't show much sign of teething and skip past this hurdle without so much of a squeal. Our poor little Rory though is dealing with the whole enchilada of symptoms.
- Drooling (which is the cause of a special little neck rash)
- Gum swelling and sensitivity ( I know this only after hearing the screaming which resulted from me pressing on his gums)
- Irritability or fussiness - check, check and check-check-check. (this kid is ALWAYS a happy camper so at least the teething thing was easy to pinpoint)
- Biting behavior
- Refusing food - cold peaches went down ok today though.
- Sleep problems - don't want to talk about it.
- Body and bum rash - just terrible.
and finally... the rosiest and warmest cheeks you've ever seen. Wish us luck tonight. And if you have teething advice - please send our way.