Friday, August 27, 2010

Sleep Baby Sleep

Today, I need a stiff drink.  Nope, I am not even going to sugar coat it. I am exhausted. An exhaustion that only 12 hours of straight sleep or a double vodka and soda are going to cure. Guess which of those options is even remotely within the realm of possibility? TGIF. Cocktail hour is officially upon us.

So... here's the thing, for the most part Rory is a pretty good sleeper at night. He is still getting up every 3-4 hours but usually he goes straight back to sleep for me. Then we have nights like our last one. He was up every 90 minutes. It was crazy. And I wouldn't even mind it so much if he slept AT ALL for me during the day... but this little guy likes his cat naps. And if I DARE try to put him in his crib during the day he makes a mockery of the situation by LAUGHING into the monitor mere minutes, sometimes seconds after I lay his head to rest.

So... I have quit trying to put him to bed during the day. I let the kid sleep wherever he pleases. Yup, I know what you're thinking and you're right. I need the baby whisperer. But until then, this kid stays put where his last eye closes.

Here is this weeks daytime sleep (rather - catnap) montage. What a guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment