Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Baby is now the size of a watermelon!!!!!!

Yeah, no guff. I happen to be wearing a lime green dress today and caught my side profile in a store window as a waddled by to get some lunch. WOW.  This baby may be the size of a watermelon, but I am the size of a whale. Today, a green whale.  Peter ran the bathtub for me the other night... bless his heart there was even bubble bath and lit candles. Anyway,  I don't what came over me but I started to sing baby beluga. I don't even know the words but it seemed appropriate. I am huge. There is no other way to describe how I look or feel but like a massive whale. 

Oh, and I don't mean for you to feel sorry for me. It's more of a warning for those of you who haven't seen me in a while. Prepare your facial expressions in advance. :)

So on a related note, my client's wife who is due the same week as me went into labour this morning and had her baby an hour ago.  It sort of hit home that this seriously could happen any day now.  We had better get a car seat and pack for the hospital.

PS. I put heels on this morning when I heard that she went into labour. It reduced my anxiety about it. Somewhere in my complicated brain it seems to make sense if I can still wear heels, I can't possibly be close to having a baby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment