Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The blogging diet


If I am honest, it's the only diet I've REALLY been on as of late. :)

So I haven't been blogging.  Obviously.  I'll be honest here... I think I under estimated how busy I would be with two kids.  I know right? Huge shocker. What likely seemed painfully obvious to YOU, clearly wasn't to me. I guess I really do (read - DID) *think* I can do it all.   And it really leaves me wondering exactly how drunk I was when I decided telling my husband I wanted another baby was the best idea I've ever had.  kidding kidding.

Things are going well. Most of the time.  But having two kids IS different. It's hard, and awesome all at the same time. We can go from moments of simultaneous tears to Rory giving Egan kisses and boundless affection all in 5 minutes.  And in those moments if there was a narrator in my head it would go from "Oh my god what was I thinking" to... "having two boys so close in age is going to be so amazing as they grow, I love my little family so much".

Anyway, the last two weeks have been a bit crazy.  Egan's at that transitional stage of newborn - I like to call it the "difficult" stage.  :)  You know, where he no longer falls asleep so easily when he is eating and is a little more "work" to get down. And the balancing act of managing both of their needs can be tough... But Egan smiles now, and that always melts my sleep deprived heart. And Rory talks now, and when he says "Hi my little baba", I want to squeeze them both forever.

Good thing.

I guess one thing is for sure... if having children 21 1/2 months apart wasn't the best idea I've ever had, certainly moving home to this little town where the majority of my close family and friends are ( read - my MOM) BEFORE said second child arrived DEFINITELY was. I miss my Toronto family, but in moments of craziness when you have kids, I just really love my mom.  And especially love how close she is.

I should have posted about Mother's Day.  But I didn't... I probably slept instead, but I would have summed it all up by saying something like - thank God these kids are cute.  And thank God the weather is getting nicer.

And that I really do love being a mom.

xoxoxo

Egan - 6 weeks




Rory 23 months 



No comments:

Post a Comment