Saturday, February 18, 2012

Home Sweet Home

It has been a while... we have been without a computer and it's been a crazy month of packing and moving and unpacking. But here we are, and I feel like I have so much to say... and nothing to say at the same time. I am exhausted, so this is going to be short and sweet.   We're so happy to be here. All of us together.

We're home.

Our new home is so beautiful, we wake up to sunshine and a river view everyday, we see a sky full of stars every night, and we have family and friends within walking distance who have all dropped by to lend a hand or with a friendly 'welcome home'.   What more could a little family ask for?  Almonte is such a bright, vibrant little town... and for a town that I grew up in, I am surprised by how much I didn't know about this place. It amazes me each day.  There is SO much going on here. So many new things, places, and people to meet and explore.

We're slowly making this house feel like ours, and with each passing day we become more "ready" to welcome someone new here.   I am 34 weeks pregnant, going on what feels like 45 weeks... and very much ready to meet this little person. As soon as I get some pyjama's washed and diapers bought. :)

I will post pictures of the place once we're fully unpacked. So expect those in the next year for sure. Ha.

Here's a few from the way we see things now...

Literally the view from our front yard.
With a closer lens
Our favourite room in the new house, the side porch. 
We spend every morning enjoying the sun here, and Rory's sand box.


Some Mommy-Daycare Art we made for Valentine's Day. 
Man you have to be organized to keep a toddler busy all day!


Rory's first Almonte birthday party as an "Almontonian".  
Clearly enjoying Clementine's 3rd birthday treats! 
First 1/2 sleep-over with cousin Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment