Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Sleep. Please.

Oh how quickly you forget what it feels like to be THIS sleep deprived. I honestly feel like I have been beaten. By my children. Or like I have been on some crazy hard core work out schedule. Which obviously I haven't been, but believe me when I say keeping up with a toddler and a 10 week old feels WAY worse than the ache I felt after my pre-wedding trainer work outs. Man-oh-man.

Anyway, Egan seems to be slowly turning some sort of sleep corner. Well, I am hopeful that's the case. We're getting pretty consistent 5 hour stretches from the little guy... they just don't happen to be when we are sleeping. His schedule seems to be 7pm-midnight, and then up every 2-3 hours after that. If only we could get him to move that long stretch to midnight-5am.

A good friend of mine said recently that your second child can be very humbling.  All the things you think you did "right" with your first child and patted yourself on the back thinking "I am such an awesome parent, my child sleeps through the night at 3 months". Along comes the second child and you realize - it was a total fluke.  Because if I had ANY idea how Rory slept through the night at 3 months, I'd sure as hell be following the program like a bible now.

Something interesting/different about Egan is that he needs to be swaddled. Rory hated the swaddle and fighting himself out of it actually made him wake up. Egan is the total opposite, if we don't swaddle him his hands wake him up. He is a busy little guy. Today he rolled 5 times. I can't keep him on his stomach!

Anyway... they make these really awesome things called "Swaddle Me" blankets that I have fallen totally in love with. They basically are straight jackets for babies and they are virtually impossible for a baby to get out of. And the best part is they make them big enough to swaddle a baby that is 20 lbs!
We *think* he loves it. But really we love how much better he sleeps since we found these.
Wouldn't you like to be swaddled for the night?  Me too.

10 weeks and counting!





No comments:

Post a Comment