Thursday, April 19, 2012

Three Weeks

Can you believe that this little monkey will be 3 weeks old on Sunday?


It actually feels like little Egan has been here for so much longer than three weeks. We've settled into being a family of four quite easily, I have to admit. Rory loves his little brother, the sleep deprivation doesn't seem to be as bad the second time around, and I actually find it MUCH easier to care for a newborn and a toddler, than being pregnant and chasing a toddler. 

Egan so far is a super content little guy.  We're getting out a lot for walks in the sunshine, things are good. 

Caring for two under two means 24-7 full time parenting. It's like parenting on over drive but surprisingly I am faring pretty well and actually took the two of them to chapters this week on my own and even BBQ'd dinner tonight.  With that said, when I do nail a simultaneous nap I am definitely taking advantage of it.  

For whatever reason I seem to be stopping more often and appreciating how little there two little guys are. Maybe that's an easier thing to do with your second because you spend much less time fretting about all the things you learn the first time around. I know the basics and I also know they won't be small forever, and I am so happy to have this time with them.


The best part about Egan being here is that every day post pregnancy, I feel that much better. It's no secret that pregnancy doesn't really agree with me... my energy is increasing every day as I shed this baby weight and I actually am starting to feel pretty awesome.  

Today we were at the park by 9:15am.  Yes, you get your sh*t together quickly when your day starts at 6am with a toddler in tow raring to go.




No comments:

Post a Comment