Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Getting Around

Well... the babymoon has officially ended. Peter went back to work on Monday and Rory and I have started our playcation (what we are calling our summer of mat leave together).  Day 1.5  and we're doing very well!! We made it out for a big walk yesterday, we had time to do some house work and make dinner for daddy, and most importantly we had lots of time to play.

Our little guy is GROWING!  Well I think he is anyway, he is eating NON-STOP,  in fact sometimes I feel like that is all I do... breastfeed.  We just finish and we start again. But eating is a good thing and we're excited to see how much Rory has grown next week at our doctor's appointment. So,  other than feeling like a milk machine...literally, I don't have much to tell you.  A three week babymoon did wonders for us all.   I did have a "moment" the other night though.  Peter suggested on Friday evening that maybe I would like to get out of the house and go for a walk on my own. After a quick think about it (Rory had just been fed and was sleeping very peacefully), I then couldn't get into my work out gear and out the door fast enough! Off I went with my ipod in hand, and I didn't even make it to the neighboring street before my eyes welled up with tears.  It had been a long time since I could walk that fast, or that far, and it had been 2 1/2 weeks since I had done ANYTHING for even a MINUTE on my own.  I walked and walked and walked while listening to my favourite running and work out music from last summer. It reminded me of the days, weeks and months leading up to our wedding. Which made me happy. We've come a long way in the 9 months following our wedding. Anyway the walk did wonders for me, it made me feel like me again. Something I hadn't felt in a long time. It reinforced the working plan Peter and I have (albeit sometimes easier said than done with a newborn) to incorporate Rory into our lives and lifestyle vs. us fitting into his. Yeah check back with me in a bit to see how that's working out for us!

1 comment:

  1. Rory really loves that Beach Boys record, doesn't he?! Here's to your playcation....even if I have to read about it, it makes me very happy knowing how well you two are doing during the day. i love you!!!

    ReplyDelete